Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nailed It

A quick thought during my office hour.

Have you ever head of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter? It's a personality test basically. There are four different groups, with two categories in each group. Like so:

E (extroversion) or I (introversion)

S (sensing) or N (intuiting)

T (thinking) or F (feeling)

J (judging) or P (percieving)

So you take the test and find out which category you fall into for each group and what that means for your personality. The website* gave me these examples. An ESTP is an Artisan, with an emphasis in promoting. An ENJF is an Idealist, emphaszing teaching. There's also Guardian, with ISFJ acting as a protector and Rational, with INTP as an architect. Or if you fall equally into both categories, you recieve an X.

I had to take this test because I'm a mentor to a girl taking a residence life class (meaning she's in the application process to be a Resident Assisstant next year) and the students in the class are supposed to try and figure out what type their mentor is just by having a conversation. This is basically what you do as an RA only with a whole hall of 36 people to figure out, instead of just one mentor**

Because I didn't know a dang thing about my type I sat down this morning to take the test.

Guess what I am?

An XNXX. (And just barely an N at that.)

That's right suckas. I fall basically in the middle of everything. Which pretty much confirms my average fears.

Naming this blog? Nailed it. NAILED IT.

Peace out people. I'm going to go be average (read boring) in class now.

* http://www.keirsey.com/aboutkts2.aspx
** yeah, we take this RA crap very seriously at SUH

No comments:

Post a Comment