Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Words

"It was right then, between when I asked about the labyrinth and when she answered me, that I realized the importance of curves, of the thousand places where girls' bodies ease from on e place to another, from arc of the foot to ankle to calf, from calf to hip to waist to breast to neck to ski-slope nose to forehead to shoulder to the concave arch of the back to the butt to the etc.  I'd noticed curves before, of course, but I had never quite apprehended their significance." - John Green


And one more John Green Quote.  Seriously, read the whole thing.  I'll even do lots of random line breaks to keep your attention.  (Admit it, you skim when it's longer than six or seven consecutive lines.  CONSECUTIVE!  I mean honestly, who's attention span is that long?)

"Maybe it's more like you said before, all of us being cracked open.  Like, each starts out as a watertight vessel.  And these things happen - these people leave us, or don't love us , or don't get us, or we don't get them, and we lose and fail and hurt one another.  And the vessel starts to crack open in places.  And I mean, yeah, once the vessel cracks open, the end becomes inevitable.

But there is all this time between when the cracks start to open up and when we finally fall apart.  And it's only in that time that we can see one another, because we see out of ourselves through our cracks and into others through theirs.

When did we see each other face-to-face?  Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours.  Before that, we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade but never seeing inside.  BUt one the vessel cracks, the light can get in.  The light can get out."

No comments:

Post a Comment