Monday, September 16, 2013

RHYL STUNNED!!!

Alrighty, the transfers news you've all been waiting for:
 
I'm staying in the Rhyl ward AND I'm staying with my trainer.  
 
 
What?  How insane is that?
Let me tell you: very insane.  
 
Trainers and trainees stay together after the 3 month training about 0.001% of the time.  In fact I think that percentage is just me.  In fact, 3 out of the 4 sisters are staying.  
 
Let me re-iterate how unusual this is.  We've all bugged President Preston about keeping us together for weeks and weeks and he was incredibly sick of hearing it I think.  And he told us he was hearing it from the ward members, the ward mission leaders, all these people.  But he came to our ward the week before transfers and told one of the members, "these sisters were called to the England Manchester Mission, not the Rhyl ward" and so I thought more of us were goners for sure.  
 
I think it's a tender mercy honestly.  And the missionary coming is a Sister that's already been here on exchange twice.  It says to me that the Lord is keeping a very close eye on the Rhyl Ward because such important things are happening here. 
 
I'm relieved.  After being completely astonished that is.  Sister Nemec and I were in our ward mission leader's home when we received the transfer call on Friday evening.  Both of us were so antsy all day and about had heart attacks when we finally found out.  But after all that I felt really settled about the decision.  And Sister Nemec and I have had incredible days since we found out, and I feel like the Lord was showing me the potential for our work in this next transfer.  This makes me think that we have a VERY specific reason for being here together.  I have a couple inklings about what they might be but I won't say anything yet.  It was nice to know though that the ward wants us though.  All I really want to do here is help people change and grow, and their desire for us to stay makes me think we have made a difference here.
 
This week we committed a less active family to take the discussions again, with the intent of returning to full activity.  The son just returned from a mission and is getting married in a year and they all want to be there for that.  At some point during the discussion the dad told me I have a really good poker face, whatever that means...
 
Well that's about all for now, but I love you!  Preparation days are back to normal on Monday. 
 
Here's my assignment for the week:
Mosiah 2 and the talk, 7 Lessons on Sharing the Gospel
 
Love, Sister Gish  

 
 
 
PS this means my address hasn't changed, so feel free to send those letters...
 
did you know you can dear elder my the England Manchester Mission?  Just go online and type up a letter and put in my information and they print it and mail it for you.  Then it comes extra quickly.  Just saying. 
 
PPS LIZZIE.  HOW BIG IS THE FRUIT?  How are you?  You're going to be a mom in 10 days!!  I wish I could be there to kiss her hello. 

No comments:

Post a Comment