Monday, February 13, 2012

Wuv. Sweet Wuv. Bring on Those Controversial Pink Hearts

Happy Valentines Day.

I'm sure everyone with a blog will be talking about this day. I'm envisioning a range from:
super anti - Valentines Day is overcommercialized, a way to turn love into business, a low point of society, a sign of a doomed humanity etc..
to: "Singles Awareness Day" - read: I'm all alone and super self conscious about it but I'm going to turn it into a joke so no one knows that I'm secretly dreading being alone for the rest of my life.
to: YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! love Love LOVE!!!

Personally I'm kind of apathetic about this holiday. I guess if I were a very interesting person I'd
take a strong stance on either extreme and defend my opinion to death. At the very least my crazy ideas would get some attention. However, I'm not feeling very Rush Limbaugh-ish today and really, I fall somewhere in the middle (.. the average perhaps? Puns = yessssss). I don't know if it deserves all the hoo ha it gets because, like so many things in life, there's some pros some cons, but here's my theory: it is what you make it. And here's what I make of it: it's all good. Single? In love? t'ss alllllll goooooooooood.

But because I love being unoriginal and run-of-the-mill here's a brief Valentines post...

In honor of this special SPECIAL occasion, (here's to hoping dripping sarcasm translates via blogger) I'd like to post my favorite quote about marriage from mama c-roll. Hi ma, don't be offended, I like this idea.

"When it's 2 am, you haven't showered in three days, and the baby is screaming - you don't care how good he looks in those jeans - you just want him to clean the dang puke up."*

Aw love.To think I sometimes wonder why my view of marriage is not glossed, embossed, and glittered. I've grown up knowing it's hard work, and it probably sucks sometimes. But I'm still hoping that someday I'll find out it's worth it. Cause you've made it this far Mama C-Roll and Papa Jim. (25 years in June) So you must like each other a little bit.

Cheers!

*Recent correction from my mother. "Actually I would have said, clean up the dang puke." Thanks ma, for keeping me grammatically correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment