Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Quote

It's become a tradition now.

I read a lot. Novels, short stories, kid books, plays, magazines, blogs, anything and everything really. I love it when I find words that fit my feelings and thoughts perfectly. That explain me. In fact, here's a quote about it.

-You know how, once in a while, you read something and not only do you want to share it on Facebook, you want to staple it to your forehead and hand out copies to everyone you meet, thrusting it into their hands, saying, “This. THIS.” ? You know that feeling? (bandjjones.blogspot.com)

Yes.
So when I have passages running through my head for days on end, Friday Quotes (prizes to anyone who can come up with a more clever title. Carol?) will be my solution.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say any commonplace thing but burn burn burn, like fabulous Roman Candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop, and everybody goes, 'awwww!'" (Jack Kerouac)

This. THIS.
Thank you Sarah B. for having this up when I facebook "research" you. And for being such a cool individual all around.

And one more. Because I really love Fahrenheit 451

"Now, let's get on upstream, and hold on to one thought: you're not important. You're not anything. Some day the load we're carrying with us may help someone. But even when we had the books on hand a long time ago, we didn't use what we got out of them. We went right on insulting the dead. We went right on spitting in the graves of all the poor ones who died in the next week and the next month and the next year. And when they ask us what we're doing you can say, we're remembering. That's when we'll win in the long run. And some day we'll remember so much that we'll build the biggest grave of all time and shove war in and cover it up. Come on now, we're going to go build a mirror factory first and put out nothing but mirrors for the next year and take a long look in them." (Ray Bradbury)

Is it possible to burn burn burn and still be nothing; to remember everyone else while taking a long look in the mirror? I think so. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment