Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Words

"Oh, winter's rains and ruins are over,
And all the seasons of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover,
Blossom by blossom the spring begins."

Algernon Charles Swinburne

"'I'll never be a poet,' said Amory as he finished.  'I'm not enough of a sensualist really; there are only a few obvious things that I notice as primarily beautiful: women, spring evenings, music at night, the sea; I don't catch the subtle things like 'silver-snarling trumpets.'  I may turn out an intellectual, but I'll never write anything but mediocre poetry.'"

This Side of Paradise

F. Scott Fitzgerald, you have my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment