Monday, September 15, 2014


Liverpool Living 
We are slowly making friends in the ward.  There are some really great families that I want to get to know  - they are letting us come visit in the next couple of weeks. I don't think I realised before I came out here, how dependent I was on those relationships and having warm people around me and warm homes to be in. 
This week we get to go to Manchester to work in the YSA ward. It's freshman week and they're overrun with trying to contact everyone.  Seeing as the building is in the middle of three universities we're going to do some crazy finding.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to share from it!
Had a zone meeting this week, one of the elders has a pair of glasses almost identical to mine.
On Wednesday morning at 6:25 our phone started ringing. 
 Sister Hansen hung up but then it rang again. 
 The label said office elders and I answered, "Elder Ahlstrom, I'm going to kill you. 
Why in the world would you call when we have five minutes left?" 
It was actually Sister Nemec, being taken to the airport and calling to say one last goodbye.  She told me she had 4 hours of sleep and then played the mission song REALLY loudly.  That's my trainer for you.

Said goodbye to Sister Nemec, she flew home on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment